The history of wire production in these works goes back to 1868 when Julius Kremer started manufacturing metal products, especially cages for exotic birds.
In 1948 the company was nationalised and renamed Okresní opravárenský a průmyslový podnik KOVO-DŘEVO (District repair and industrial company Metal-Wood). Under the new name the company gained a monopoly on production of bird cages.
In 1996 the state company was privatised by the company GRIOS s.r.o. In the beginning, GRIOS continued the production of both metal goods and furniture but after some time the furniture production was stopped in order to concentrate on wire products, which is still the case nowadays.
Another major event that affected the company were the floods in 1997, which was only a year after privatisation. In some places the swollen Morava river reached the level of 3 metres. Despite this difficult situation, the new owners only needed two months to handle the effects of the floods and restore the company business.
Since 2003, our contracts for the car industry have been gaining more importance.